AWC825 Machinable Low Durometer Material.
Improves Sealing of Worn Cylinders and Presses.
CHESTERTON’S new, innovative AWC825 low durometer thermoset polyurethane (EU) technology was specifically designed to improve seal performance associated with worn, scored or pitted heavy duty industrial cylinders that cannot be reworked due to size, downtime or cost.
Excellent Wear Resistance
CHESTERTON AWC825 has an 85 Shore A hardness. It is a thermoset material with excellent abrasion and wear resistance that offers improved reliability versus conventional rubber based and urethane products and is ideal for use in high reliability press and cylinder applications.
Machinable for Flexible Manufacturing Options
The AWC825 is a machinable material which provides the flexibility to manufacture any profile to exact equipment dimensions with no tooling costs and same-day availability. Its long-term elastic memory increases sealing preload which helps to ensures maximum performance even when exposed to low system pressure.
- Low durometer material designed for use in slightly scored, worn, or pitted equipment.
- Thermoset urethane provides superior wear and abrasion resistance to increase seal performance.
- Long-term elastic memory maintains pre-load under low pressure and withstands compression settings.
- Hydrolysis resistant for use in water and conventional hydraulic fluid. longer storage and service life.
- Eliminates long lead times with flexibility to provide same-day deliver.
- Made-to-order product available in wiper, rod, piston, and static sealing profiles eliminate tooling costs.
- Heavy-duty cylinder applications: including, but not limited to, Metal Forming, Wood-Based, Injection Molding, Tire, Hydropower.
- Sizes available up to 1400 mm (55”) in diameter; flexibility for same-day delivery.